Sunday 22 September 2013

Bunker for sale

One of the bitter-sweet things about life is learning. Usually, learning is helpful in the long-term. Sometimes it's a bit of a pain in the short-term. I have got 32 bunkers ready to sell. So off to Ebay. I haven't ever tried to sell 32 of something before. I put up one listing, and can't work out how to sell multiple iterations of the same thing in that one listing. I know it's possible. I've seen it done. So I had a rant on Facebook, and a friend kindly provided me a link. After some swearing, the link was useful. Isn't it amazing how swearing makes things work out? Unfortunately, when I tried to sell 30 items . . . Ebay told me I could only sell 30 items per month. So I asked it to post me a letter. Then I tried to edit the listing so I could sell 29 items on the big listing. But now all that happens is that it sends me back to the sign-in screen. It's fine. It isn't as though I need to sell these bunkers so I can afford to pay off the minimum payment on next month's credit card statement, meaning any delay would be excruciating. Oh, tell a lie.

Anyway, if anyone fancies bidding on the one item Ebay is allowing me to sell for the time being, here is the first bunker. The number of these things is slowly creeping upwards. I might end up selling 150 of them by the end of it all. If I can afford to. I have also been working on a load of those mini-bunkers. I'd rather sell them in pairs, but trios would arguably make more sense, so you could fit a whole Heavy Weapons Squad in them. What do you folk think? Please comment below. For the time being, here are the illustrative pictures of the bunkers I hope soon to be able to sell on Ebay en masse. As the Ebay blurb suggests, I suspect they'll mainly appeal to 40K Apocalypse players, but a bunker or three would sit nicely on a normal table as an objective or narrative terrain feature. Heck, on a 6' wide table, three of these bunkers (each a little less than 6" wide), would provide a pretty coherent defensive line across the whole board. Go on. you know you want to. Fully painted. You can just pop them right on the board. Game with them right away. Ugh, I hate sales patter. I disgust myself. Let's pass over this ugly incident with a few pretty pictures of a specimen bunker.







2 comments:

  1. What is the amount that you are looking for? I assume it's nothing crazy - you may want to consider bringing some to wargaming club meets and such, there seems to be tons of them in the UK and you will probably earn more bringing them somewhere someone can just hand you cash and walk away with the item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is some good thinking. I'm aiming for £20, but that's including free P&P, so unit price is around the £16 mark (postage is ever nastier these days).

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...