Sunday 3 April 2016

Timber-framed village WIP

The "Mosque" still needs its minaret and a few other details, but the adobe village is pretty much finished. Needless to say, since I have not quite finished it, my mind has moved on to another project. I am half a dozen houses into a timber-framed village project. At the minute I just have the shells of the houses. I intend to get all the shells constructed first. Here's that first half-dozen. This time I intend that no two houses will look quite alike. So you will see houses of the same height, but they are of slightly different length or widths. I realised after beginning construction that I had quite forgotten to account for chimneys, so I shall be going through the shells with a pencil now, hopefully finding somewhere to put the smokestacks! A wee BEF Scots officer down at the front for scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...