Monday 13 August 2018

Bolt Action: Panzer II

This little guy from Warlord was a lovely kit to assemble and paint. There was some slight flash to clean up, and the assembly diagram was for an earlier version of the model, but it's got a minimal number of parts. I got the decals from a 1/48 Pz IV I built and painted (but evidently never finished) some years back. I undercoated in Halford's yellow primer, then applied grey atop that. The resin is grey and I felt sure I'd miss something otherwise! This is probably partly responsible for the tawny hue of the finished model. The fact that my light just seems to have gone a bit yellow is doubtless another factor!

At the club we're working on Bolt Action in a distracted fashion. WWII isn't really my period, but a game is a game. :)

Rich and I have acquired a few different bits and bobs which should see us able to field a few armies. In-game pictures will hopefully follow at some point. We have for the Germans a pair of Panthers, so I wanted to get something a bit more limited, that wouldn't take up half the points cost of a thousand point force all on its own! Plus, I like anything I can slip into my ever-planned, never-realised VBCW plans. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...