Tuesday 1 February 2011

The game is afoot!

Photobucket

I feel I should put in some awful joke about football here, but thankfully for you, loyal reader, the very thought disgusts me. As you will have deduced from the above picture, I have painted my first Sherlock. I am not the speediest of painters, and I have been finding more and more that I will start a project involving painting several models, get bored that I haven't finished any of them, and wander off. Can you guess what my Napoleonic command types are up to right now? That being the case, I decided I would concentrate on just two last night. So I put The Hound of the Baskervilles (Jeremy Brett) on the TV, and settled down to paint the first Holmes and Watson.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm quite pleased with how they've come out. I didn't go for anything fancy with these first two, obviously. The large flat areas of Holmes' clothing could do with dome sort of pattern, so I intend that for my next. Watson should match that with a less apparent pattern, I fancy. So keep your eyes peeled for the next pair. If you're to be a detective, you must practise your powers of observation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...