Friday 11 February 2011

Appendicitis

In the post before last I wrote:

I cannot report any progress. I was going to buckle down last night and get back to work, but some wretched event gave me belly-ache quite literally. What it was, I do not know. It may have been the wine gums I'd never tried before, which also dislodged one of my fillings, and had me tearing off northwards to have the gaping hole refilled. Bless you, dentist mine, for taking me at such short notice during your lunch break! It may have been some combination of things. I don't know. I do know that for the past twenty-two hours I've been aching like a zombie deprived of his daily dose of brains. Sitting down is unpleasant, lying down about tolerable, sitting is a one-way ticket to Yowsers-ville!. The pain is diffuse, lest any of you suggest the trusty old appendix is betraying me. So instead I spent a bit of time fiddling with scenery.


Of course, it was appendicitis, and I probably perforated it on Friday night, doing sit-ups to clear the imagined wind. Happily, by Monday night it was out, as was the pus I'd squirted into myself. Fun! I shan't apologise for the lack of updates, but I trust this is explanation enough. I'll get back to things in due time, but inevitably there's nothing doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...