Sunday 27 March 2011

Walls and gun emplacements

Photobucket

A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act III, Scene I (apparently):

Some man or other must present Wall: and let him
have some plaster, or some loam, or some rough-cast
about him, to signify wall; and let him hold his
fingers thus, and through that cranny shall Pyramus
and Thisby whisper.

Not too bad for old Shakespeare - enraged English students, forgive me my dislike of the Bard. I am yet recovering from my introduction to him at school approximately one half-life-so-far ago!

I have just been prettying up some walls. A spot where the matte has not overcome the gloss varnish only becomes apparent when you take a photograph! Tsk!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All these pieces Wargames Illustrated has lately been running on battlefield defences in Flames of War have clearly been running through my unconscious mind. It was only a few minutes ago that I realised the evident genesis of this thing I've just knocked up. These are the preliminary stages. I will slap on more plasticard offcuts, base and undercoat the devil, and then cover it with camo netting. If it looks passable, then I've a load more of those old Leman Russ lascannons I can turn into Heavy Weapons teams. The chap is solely for scale. The impression will be that the fellows within are hidden by the netting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...