Monday 10 October 2011

The Basilisk Company Returns!

Yeesh, running out of paint, needing varnish, having to do ten vehicles: I have a lot of excuses for the tardy progress of this project, but it's back on schedule now. Today will be dedicated to the application of transfers to these lads, and then securing the same with varnish. Tomorrow I should get on to painting and weathering, some of 'em, anyway. We are talking ten vehicles here, after all! On a cheery note, I was doing some tidying and turned up that missing Arachnid jaw, so I've now got the full set of a score of the creepy-crawlies. Good news there!

Right, what else have I been up to? Well, I'm working on making some mint juleps. The name appealed to me. I have no other reason. I assure you, dear reader, I'm off to no derbies in the American South. Literature-wise, I have gone mad. I had already begun Life of Pi, and then I started The Name of the Rose and Starfleet: Year One, as well as advancing to the second volume of Gibbon's Decline and Fall. It's not so much the Romans who are bound for a fall as the fool with so many books on the go! I managed to restrain myself from beginning Brighton Rock, though, so, erm, I'm not so foolish as I would be had I begun it. Hm. I'm also feeling a bit less histrionic than I was yesterday about postal services - more grouchy than screechy today! Anyway, I'm going to bury my nose in Umberto Eco again now. No, not like that. You have a filthy mind. Au revoir, mes amis!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...