Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Terrain: Fences in progress

I had finished off a notebook with thick card covers, so I cut some 1" by 6" strips from it. They're the base here. I cut a strip of balsa wood 7 * 7 * 25mm, trimmed off the corners, and ran some sandpaper over the wood. That gives the look of weathered outdoor wood once painted. I decided to try a few different styles of fence. I used some trimmed matchsticks for some and some pieces of wire from paperclips for others. I made holes with various sharp implements before sliding the various things through the holes, and gluing them in place with superglue gel. Painted pictures will follow. Sherlock Holmes is for scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...