Thursday 21 February 2013

Hulk Smash!

As I resolved at the beginning of the year, I have been working out more. I have been trying not to let this get in the way of the blog, but it has rather delayed yesterday's entry. So this is just to let you folks know that there'll be yet another terrain tutorial along shortly. I am pretty cheered by how well the exercise is going, though yesterday morning I over-exerted myself, and spent the afternoon lounging about. It is mainly weight-lifting I have been concentrating on, and I can report substantial increases in the abilities of every groups of muscles I have been training thus far. For reference, I think that's all of them! I have been most pleased by the improvement in my deadlifting. For years I had been stuck at about 70kg (c.154lbs). My back wasn't greatly impressed, but my forearms simply weren't able to do more. In these last few weeks, however, I have been following the advice in Arnie's mammoth New Encyclopaedia of Modern Bodybuilding, and specifically training the forearms. The result is that I am now managing deadlifts of 110.1kg (c.243lbs) in 3 sets of 10, then 6, then 4 reps. Two friends with more experience have recommended straps, but I have yet to get my head around them.

I shan't bore you with the remaining details (for now), but rest assured that since tomorrow is a rest day (I'm working out 3 days, and taking one off), I should be able to get some essential 'gaming-based work done. Right now, though, I'm going to do some leg exercises. Until next time, happy gaming, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...