Friday 4 June 2010

Some buildings and a supply vehicle

My apologies for the quality of some of these pictures. It is dusk here, so light quality is not great. First, here's a supply vehicle for my Guard. It received a base coat of Halford's Grey Primer, then I hit some spots with Lada Cream and some green, the name of which escapes me. As these latter two are for cars, they aren't ideal for painting models. I've found that it's easiest to hit them with a subsequent layer of varnish so you can paint over them top with GW paints.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In addition to the vehicle above, I have also been at work on a few buildings. They're only a few inches across. I imagine them as sheds and storehouses for human settlers or soldiers. I want an area accessible to infantry, but highly restrictive to the mobility of vehicles. I admit this is an odd choice for a chap who likes his tanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This final piece is on a base a little over a foot on either side. Again, the idea is to limit the movement options of vehicles. The small stumps you see are bases for trees.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Can i ask why you've done the buildings in three different colours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just felt like it, tbh. It would probably make more sense to have them in one colour, but I must have come down with 40k-itis (nothing makes sense!) when I came to spray them! In related news, I've put some transfers on the buildings, and will shortly take them out to seal them with varnish. Then I can get to painting them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...