Monday 22 April 2013

Back to the Stone Age!

For once I'm painting a few miniatures of honest-to-goodness humans. Aeons ago I bought some of Copplestone Castings' Stone Age tribesfolk. I have twelve all told, but these are the only four which don't require additional weapons. I do still have the bag of flint axes and spears somewhere, but for the moment it has been a little misplaced. I'm pleased with how these guys have come out. They were painted very simply - just a single colour on each different bit, the predominant flesh tone being the old GW Pallid Flesh, which I have a pot or two of in somewhat gunky condition. Then I washed the whole of the figure with Agrax Earthshade, which tied everything together nicely. I have a couple of ideas for these folk. First, they could be denizens of a Lost World, and be benign or hostile to some Georgian-cum-Edwardian-cum-Victorian explorers. Failing that, they could be our distant ancestors, taking on the odd lion terror bird or, ah, deinonychus. Supporting the latter interpretation is that the ladies all bear classic fur bikinis. Fingers crossed I'm going to be able to get back to regular updates now. Enjoy the pics, folk, and happy 'gaming until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...