Wednesday 11 May 2011

Macharius Vulcan

Molly the Macharius has finally received all the requisite bits and has just been undercoated. I find my enthusiasm for a project tends to fall off close to the end. I think she has been waiting for completion for over a year. I had a problem with the sponson weapons. My original conception was flawed, as a skeletal support for the gun left the whole interior exposed as empty. So this morning I sawed up some plumbing tube and an old fax machine paper tube, drilled and cut some holes into them. You can see in the first two pictures that the guns can incline upward, and in the latter four pictures that the gun rotates. Two internal pieces of plasticard tube provide points around which the tube can spin.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...