Monday 9 May 2011

Oops!

I was sure that I had used talcum powder on previous models in order to create the appearance of a fine dust. I was either mistaken or this time I thoroughly messed up the proportions or perhaps there was an unfortunate reaction to varnish! I mixed some talc into the brown mud mix (sand, Burnt Umber paint, PVA glue, weathering powders and water) I had used before, and left it to dry. It dried normally, so far as I could see. I then varnished it and left it to dry. On returning to it earlier I noted something odd. Behold.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, I now know how to make a facsimile of dried concrete dust, if I should model an urban force! Needless to say, I cannot leave her tracks thus, and will be repainting them shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...