Tuesday 10 May 2011

Shadowsword completed!

This one is called the Invincible Fury. I was seeking the bombastic haughtiness that the Imperium tends to use on its tanks. I think I captured it perfectly, but I had forgotten that this is one of the things I dislike about the Imperium. Hah! Anyway, here she is, with freshly painted mud. I have added two close-ups to the standard quarter shots, as I feel I have not been doing justice to these superheavies of late.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Expect the next ghost before the bell tolls one! Er, I mean, expect the next superheavy in a day or two.

I have had a moderately profitable day. On the one hand, my walking regimen was stalled again as torrential rain and a thunderstorm made me wary of departing the shelter of my cosy home, but on the other employed myself in painting (as you can see above), and in moving and cataloguing my Imperial Guard infantry (about 450 including Ratlings, Commissars, Heavy Weapons, Special Weapons, Grunts, officers, NCOs, &c, &c). Having shifted them to some drawers, I was then able to move some 1/72 Napoleonics to the place formerly occupied by the Guard. Yes, I moved the Imperial Guard and replaced them with the Imperial Guard! Boom-boom! ;-)

The Stormsword is varnished and ready for weathering. I've decided how I'm going to finish the Macharius Vulcan. The AS90 toting a Baneblade cannon is still in the queue, but no further work's been done to her. I've totted up spare weaponry left over and I have two Vulcan Mega Bolters, a Shadowsword main gun, most of a Baneblade cannon and three Hellhammer cannon. I don't mean to add them to more scratchbuilt or kitbashed superheavies, so I think I might use them in building a giant defensive structure or two. After all, with the main guns of seven superheavy vehicles deployed on it, this would be a base of planetary (if not sector-wide) importance. Heh! Anyway, I am now going to get back to doing a bit of tidying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...