Monday 16 January 2012

Rarr!

I get quite narked when technology goes weird. I use an EeePC 900 because my non-Hobbit-sized computer died. The screen is tiny, so I have plugged it into a large screen. The mousepad is minuscule, and the keyboard more of a keypad, so I have connected a Logitech Bluetooth connector to use a full-sized keyboard and mouse. This has worked well for a while, but this evening a fly has buzzed into my ointment. The attached mouse moves around quite happily, and the menu button is fine, but the selecting button has decided to go on strike. The keyboard still works fine. The problem might not lie with the mouse, though. You see, the EeePC's own mousepad's left button is also refusing to responding to gentle or vigorous tapping. I am compelled to drum my fingers on the mousepad. That, at least, still has some effect! If anyone has any ideas, I welcome them. Don't suggest peeling a potato and rubbing that on the technology, as that works on warts, not recalcitrant machines.

Grumble, grumble, grumble!

1 comment:

  1. Now it's working again. Weird! Looks like the rechargeable mouse is on its last legs, though. Darn it. I love this mousey-keyboard set-up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...