Thursday 17 May 2012

Board of Gaming: Part 2

That order I made from 4D Model Shop arrived at lightning speed! So I have already been able to finish off my mini board. The squares follow the standard 1.5" by 1.5" pattern, so it's a pleasing 18" by 18", which is enough for a very small game. It also obviates the need for worrying about what to do with the peripatetic pieces of plasticard - a piece that's 9" by 1.5" is more likely to slide away than this monster is! I retain my idea of doing several of these, but it's a time-intensive process, so I doubt it will be done any time soon. I'm off to a wedding in Wales next week, where I'm Best Manning. I'll be back for a few days, then off to one in Scotland, for which I don't have to write a speech and embarrass myself in front of folk! ;-) Anyway, along with the big bits of plasticard and some more treadplate, I also ordered some (slightly too small, as it turned out) red plastic tube to see how it looks when compared with the blue tubes I had in the Plasma Generator before. I am rather taken with this. It also gave me the idea that I could suggest a countdown to doom by swapping out a blue tube for a red one, with all red meaning KABOOM! Anyway, enjoy the pics, folks! if 18" by 18" is too opaque and obsolete an Imperial term for you, then I've included a scale shot of a Sentinel stood on the board.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...