Monday 25 April 2011

Hellhammer and Stormsword

Photobucket


I have almost completed my assembly of the superheavy tanks. The Stormsword will be carrying a double load of sponsons, so they need some work before I can apply them to the model. Anyway, here are the two together from the back and from the front.

Photobucket

You can see here how I decided to provide a gangway on either side of the Hellhammer for the crew. I cut a 14mm wide strip of 0.5mm thick plasticard to run the length of the indentation on the side where the sponsons can sit. I then cut some plasticard with treadplate markings to the same dimensions and glued that atop. I replaced some rivets and added a viewport.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I replaced the exhausts at the back with some of my own design, using 9.5mm plasticard tube, and inserted a smaller size for the tops.

Photobucket

These four are seen prior to a little filing to get them all to sit flush in the exhaust area of the Stormsword.

Photobucket

Here they are in place.

Photobucket

I added a smaller gangway for the Stormsword crewmen.

Photobucket

Here is the Hellhammer chassis immediately prior to undercoating. You can see I have filled in some of the larger gaps with Greenstuff, fitted less Gothic headlights. The kit's go into (one of) the box(es) of bits. This beastie will have some very long name, I suppose. I joined two nameplates from the kit together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the Stormsword likewise just prior to painting. Again, headlights, viewport, blocked some gaps where I switched the two kits' engine sections, &c, &c. The engine panels will be secured at a later date. I mean to model them open. perhaps even with a crewman looking in, wondering why the Stormsword has four exhausts instead of the Baneblade's two. Doubtless the answer is that the Shrine counts as a force-multiplier. ;-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Apologies if the above is a bit terse or conversely scattered. I have been blowing my nose for about forty minutes. Good old summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...