Wednesday 14 December 2011

Rambling over hill and down dale

I promised a few nature photos, and so last week I popped out to take a few more, and of the somewhat pretty landscape hereabouts. We have a wee SSSI (Site of Special Scientific Interest) with assorted fauna and flora, all of which fauna was too quick or small for me to snap with the ol' camera. I did manage to capture the viaduct which takes the railway to the station a mile or two away. It was nice to find something too slow to escape me! I also got a quick snap of an aeroplane coming or going. I'm bad with directions, so all I can say is that it was probably headed in the direction of Manchester. Or, er, away from that city. I got a few pretty pics of the River Dane, which doesn't impress one as a contender with the Rhine for the position of "Big Important River".

Then I came home by way of the canal, where I ran into the two resident swans. I had no bread, so had to offer them transient internet fame instead. They didn't stop me photographing them, so I presume they didn't disagree. I took a quick shot of the SSSI and viaduct from the canal (which lies above both), then returned home, snapping some funny mushrooms en route. I don't plan to pick or eat them. I love mushrooms, but I am not the adventurous type when it comes to eating potentially fatal funny-looking fungi. The last picture I took before returning home was of a heron. The distance was so great that I will forgive you if you insist that it must have been a pterodactyl and that I am Professor Summerlee. Enjoy the pics, even that blurry last. The heron is the pale grey blur in the field beyond the hedge, where he is striding the field below the red pony. Ack, Steinbeck!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...