Wednesday 14 December 2011

Who's the man? It is I; I am the man!

I'm feeling rather chipper right now. As I write this (Wednesday night) I've just finished off a weights session which has given me cause to have a good deal of faith in my ability to really make an impact on this gut of mine. For a couple of weeks I have been poking in a desultory fashion at the ol' weight-lifting, and feeling my way back to form. To a degree, this remains the case. However, some exercises I did today have, as I say, made a hell of a difference. I have a poor man's set-up here, so working the legs to a good level is a bit tricky and will require some more refinements. However, today I managed several good sets of bench pressing 70.1kg (c.154.5 lbs), and one exhausted one!* Then I used the same weight for some deadlifts and straight-leg deadlifts.** Given this sort of weight was what I used when I was at my peak back in the day, you can imagine why I'm feeling good. I even seem to have exceeded my old barbell bicep-curls maximum. Feel the endorphins, baby! Now I just need to lose all that excess weight while still building muscle! Heh, no small job, but I will accomplish it! I hope you all feel is good as I do right now! :-D

* 4 sets: 10 reps, 9, 7 then 3, o people who like looking at footnotes.
** Deadlifts: 4 sets of 10 reps; S-L Deadlifts: 4 sets of 8 reps

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...