Monday 20 June 2011

Hills, bunkers, Lego and all that


It's a bumper crop of terrain I'll be working on tonight. The sand I mentioned has dried, so I'll be slapping a load of it on the above hill and a couple of other bits and bobs. This bunker (polystyrene packaging) has been awaiting completion, and should now be finished within the week. I want to prepare some hatches whence ICBMs or similar might be launched. She'll make a nice wee objective for a small game, and is bulky enough to obscure vehicles in larger ones. The Steel Legion Commissar and Hellhound should give some idea of the size of these terrain pieces.

Photobucket



Photobucket



A little hillock here.  It isn't a particularly realistic configuration, but it's quite handy as a piece of terrain that'll block tanks but permit access to infantry.

Photobucket

This is a surprising find. There's a second one of these downstairs. I dug them up in Mum's garage, gathering dust. They're that old Lego shape used for pirate forts or what-have-you. The pathway up to the summit is just broad enough for a walker or bike, but slightly to narrow for a vehicle. As a guy who spends half his modelling time coming up with IG AFVs, one has to question why I spend the other half coming up with terrain that frustrates them. It's either some deep-seated self-hatred, a pathological desire for fair play or, um, I just like doing stuff like that. I lean to the last interpretation! Anyway, I'm not sure what I shall do with these. I think they have potential whether the right way round or inverted. Perhaps one in either configuration. Thoughts?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's another hill I'll be working on. As you can probably tell, I've applied damped-down toilet tissue to it to provide a less angular appearance to it. I shouldn't have given it right-angled corners, really, but I shall chalk that up to experience.


Photobucket

Photobucket

This is one of the boxes I was wallpapering the other day. I've already glued sand to the roof. I mean to add a couple of doors at floor level. If you have more confidence in your tidiness than I, you could cut out some holes in the wallpaper prior to applying it. I know that'd go wrong for me!

Photobucket

Some kindly family-member's left me a present of these two pieces of polystyrene packaging. The obvious idea is to turn them into bunkers, but I shall leave them for a day or two in case my brain hiccups up some better idea. Again, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Right, that's all for today, folks. I'm going to have a go at some of these pieces and really try not to cover my floor in sand and PVA glue. Cross your fingers for me, eh? Until next time, may your dice roll high . . . or low, if you're rolling for morale, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...