Wednesday 8 June 2011

Terrain on terrain

I've been doing a lot of work on terrain recently, but while it's one thing to see a piece isolated, impaled like an entomologist's prey on a white background, where we really see them is the gaming table. Therefore, I present a short series of photographs of my current set-up, which shows some of the variety of terrain I have at the minute, with a definite lean toward the more recent pieces. I hope you like it. There are no captions, as I believe most of the pieces have already been featured. However, if you have any particular queries, please do ask.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last of all, a trio of veteran pieces, which will serve as objective markers. There was once an article in White Dwarf, I think, about making plants by carefully shaving sprue with a knife. That square base represents a set of extremely rare plants vital for the production of a vaccine which will save the life of the local Imperial governor's daughter. The inverted lightsabre is obviously an advanced power capacitor from the Technological Dark Ages, capable of carrying enough power to level several cities, so the Mecha-whatchamacallits have instructed the Locrian Guard (my IG have a name at last, thanks to a splendid fella on ah.com) to acquire it as a matter of urgency, and finally an unassuming sack. Does it contain the head of a local warlord, vital plans which lay out the Locrians' defensive deployment in the upcoming clash, a stolen artwork which the local governor just must reacquire or is it something far more diabolical? If I can remember that 40K is all about being silly, then I find this nonsense flows from my fingertips a lot more freely!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...