Friday 10 June 2011

Survivors: tank crew and a hill to hide behind


Mainly a trio of the old tank crew models today, but also a little terrain. I'm forced to admit they are from the same painting session as the Enginseer and Psyker. Again it has been a day when I've not been able to do so much on the model front despite doing a lot of painting. Yes, you've divined the truth: I've finished painting the wallpaper in the bathroom. All I need to do tomorrow is to paint the woodwork and radiator with gloss and it'll all be done. I actually started this just before the appendicitis, so this work has stretched from January through to June!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 A little teaser here of a current project: the hill. The base is 2' by 1', and the hill proper is about 10" by 18". As intended, she's tall enough to obscure a Stormblade or similar. I've not checked whether a Baneblade can peek over the peak, as it were. ;-) The sides being too steep for most models, I've added some flat halfway points for troops ascending to rest on, either marking the position of their squad or denoting troops hiding just behind the crest of the hill. I am not sure she'll be finished soon, as I have exhausted my supplies both of sand and Polyfilla. Maybe in a few weeks, though!

Photobucket

And finally, as they say, I'd like to thank Ron from FTW, who has kindly added me to the FTW blogroll. I'm most pleased by this, and a special welcome to anyone who has found his or her way here as a result of this. I have noted that as part of the joining, one is supposed to comment on other the blogs of other members, so I shall be upping the ante in that regard. It's an area I haven't been so handy in, frankly. To the future!
[IMG]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/MrP_01/Celia20.jpg[/IMG]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...